I am writing to remind you to vote today in the municipal election, to help build a more inclusive and sustainable city and region.
I appreciate your support for my candidacy for City Councillor and CRD Director.
We may not agree on every issue. But if you think that I offer an important perspective at City Hall and around the regional board table, I would ask for one of your votes today for these two positions.
Polls are open from 8:00 am - 8:00 pm at twelve voting places around the city, and you can vote with two pieces of ID:
- Burnside Gorge Community Centre , 471 Cecelia Road
- Central Baptist Church, 833 Pandora Avenue
- Cook Street Village Activity Centre, 380 Cook Street
- James Bay Community School, 140 Oswego Street
- James Bay New Horizons Centre, 234 Menzies Street
- Margaret Jenkins School, 1824 Fairfield Road
- Oaklands School, 2827 Belmont Avenue
- Quadra School, 3031 Quadra Street
- St. Barnabas Church, 1525 Begbie Street
- Sir James Douglas School, 401 Moss Street
- Victoria High School, 1260 Grant Street
- Victoria West School, 750 Front Street
Thank you for your support,
PS: I have been asked for recommendations on other candidates in this election. These are the candidates that I supported when I cast a ballot in the advance polls:
For the Mayoralty, I gave serious consideration to standing myself for this office, in light of some policy disagreements with the incumbent Mayor. However, I ultimately decided to focus on seeking re-election as Councillor and CRD Director. After looking at the field of Mayoral candidates once nominations had closed, I decided that Lisa Helps was the best candidate to serve in the Mayor's chair out of the candidates in the field.
This is an important election, which will decide whether our community moves forward or backward on issues such as supporting vulnerable people and taking care of the natural environment. I urge you to reject the forces of division and unite behind progressive values and progressive candidates today, so we can move forward together toward a more inclusive and sustainable city and region.
For voting information, visit www.BenIsitt.ca/voting_info.